Re: Industry Standard?

Subject: Re: Industry Standard?
From: ekandl -at- unitechsys -dot- com (Erick Kandl)
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2001 11:24:45 -0600

<snip>
"I'm curious to know if FrameMaker, Word, or some other package is the
industry standard for TW's? Your input is appreciated! Thanks."

I don't know that there is a "standard" out there. Each company I have
worked at has had a different package as their standard. One company only
used Word. Another used Quark XPress, Illustrator, and Excel. The company
I am at now is a FrameMaker shop. A standard is really dictated by what
you need to accomplish. I've used FrameMaker for the last three years and
am very impressed with what the program can do. One word of advice
though: if you decide to use FrameMaker, make sure you buy Acrobat as
well. Many printing vendors cannot handle native FrameMaker files, so you
need to create and send them a PDF of your finished doc.

Good luck!
-Erick