Release Note problem

Subject: Release Note problem
From: "Jackie Gishkin" <jgishkin -at- temposoft -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 14:08:16 +0100

Hello,

I have just started a job as a technical writer in France without having
any real prior experience. My first project is to write Release Notes
for the latest build for our "internal software". The problem is that
the Builds are changing everyday. Recently, I have started to write
about a new feature only to find out that it had completely changed 2
days later. I now have to go back and delete what I wrote. I was told
that I will be printing out the Release Notes once we come across a
really "good" Build.

Also, instead of having a few Release Notes floating around for the same
Version, is there a way to compile them together into one coherent
document?

Since I am in a start-up, there haven't been any established ways for
doing technical documentation.

Do any of you have some advice to give me? I would apprciate it.

Thanks in advance,

Jackie Gishkin
Temposoft, FRANCE