RE: Are Zip drives obsolete?

Subject: RE: Are Zip drives obsolete?
From: bryan -dot- westbrook -at- amd -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 10:49:45 -0600

What are your needs? Is this just for internal storage, or will you be
distributing the files?

If it's the latter, I would definitely say CD-R. That would eliminate the
need for the receiving parties to have the specific Zip equipment to read
the disks. I've never tried it, but it is supposed to be rather simply to
make Mac compatible CD-R's, but Zip requires a conversion utility to cross
platforms.

You also might want to look at the life span of the media and the size of
your files. CD-R's hold more than Zip drives, but I think Jazz drives hold
more than CD-R's.

http://www.SolutionsEvents.com or 800-448-4230