RE: a question about "atmospheric" benefits

Subject: RE: a question about "atmospheric" benefits
From: Patti Simmons <Patti -dot- Simmons -at- ECoutlook -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2000 12:38:30 -0500

We have a weekly lunch and learn also. It is company-wide, and the topics
range from "Stock Options 101" to "EDI and Flat File Formats" to
"Introduction to QA". Sometimes the topic is very general, but sometimes it
is quite technical (but in "plain english"). They're really great because
everyone has a chance to learn about what goes on in other parts of the
company. The non-technical people get a little insight into "what the heck
it is we actually do down here on the fourth floor", and vice versa. There
is generally a pretty good turnout - sometimes 25-30 people out of about 100
here on site.

I think the key is to make sure the presenter understands the audience (the
free food helps a lot, too!). It's not easy to make XML interesting for the
Executive Assistant to the VP of Sales. =)

Patti Simmons
Quality Assurance Analyst
patti -dot- simmons -at- ecoutlook -dot- com
614.526.0219 (direct)
http://www.ecoutlook.com

http://www.SolutionsEvents.com or 800-448-4230