RE: WAY OT: Anyone know where I can find a Compaq IPAQ 3650 in st ock?

Subject: RE: WAY OT: Anyone know where I can find a Compaq IPAQ 3650 in st ock?
From: Paul Hanson <PHanson -at- Quintrex -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2000 10:51:44 -0600

I don't have direct contact with the clients. Since there's no
official Doc department, that sort of routing hasn't been set up.
Everything is routed through the client's support rep and if there are
suggested changes to the doc, they come from the support rep.

On the other hand, though, I include a 'contacting documentation
team' topic in each of my .hlp files. My topic includes an EF macro that
automatically opens their email software, addresses the email to
documentation -at- quintrex -dot- com, and completes the subject line with the name
of the software they are in. Thus far, no one has made any suggestions,
though the trainers told me that if I was going to 'do' their
suggestions, they'd fill up my inbox. Hasn't happened yet, which
surprises me.

Finally, we have a yearly Client Conference where staff mingles
with clients. I sat in one seminar by a client. The speaker was talking
about help text and mentioned that procedures were being put into
secondary windows with a print button. I remarked to the client I was
sitting next to, that that was something that I was just starting to
implement and she said that she had noticed them. She said, "I think
it's very handy to have that Print button right there." That was all
that was said, as we returned our attention to the speaker.

Paul

<snip>

http://www.SolutionsEvents.com or 800-448-4230