Re: OK, here are part of the dog recovery instructions

Subject: Re: OK, here are part of the dog recovery instructions
From: Martha Silverspring <silverspring9235 -at- go -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 15:21:07 -0700 (PDT)

Well, I don't know if this will help, but...
Once upon a time I had a dog who broke a bone in her foot. She was not a large dog.
We took a plastic mineral water bottle and cut off the bottom of it about half-way down.
We then taped the remaining top end over the bandaged foot with duct tape, sealing it around the top of the bandage (not on the fur). We left the cap in place.
This gave the dog a very long-wearing, amusing "peg leg" which was very practical during our rainy winter in the San Francisco Bay Area.
The bottom end of the bottle doesn't wear nearly as well.
Martha