RE: Contractor and CorelDRAW

Subject: RE: Contractor and CorelDRAW
From: "Ward, Curtis (DBS-CLT)" <curtis_ward -at- dbs-systems -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2000 08:09:39 -0400

Ideally, using CorelDRAW should have been clearly identified as a
requirement for the contractor at the onset. Apparently this didn't happen.
At the risk of sounding harsh, the contractor doesn't need to be "happy
using CorelDRAW", just proficient. YOU ultimately have the live with the
results, and if you need those graphics in a particular format, then that's
what you need. A good contractor/consultant will recognize that.

When I was working as a contractor/consultant, I would not have hesitated to
learn a new application to meet a client's needs simply because I wasn't
previously familiar with it. I would only have objected if the application
didn't do the job, which doesn't seem to be the case here. Frankly, if the
contractor has a problem with this, I'd find a new one.

Also I usually prefer brownies to jelly beans or ice cream. It looks like
you put more effort into it. :)

Curtis Ward
curtis_ward -at- dbs-systems -dot- com