RE: Contractor and CorelDRAW

Subject: RE: Contractor and CorelDRAW
From: rvantour -at- mondenet -dot- com
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Fri Oct 6 08:37:15 EDT 2000

Anon said:

I agree that CorelDRAW is tricky to learn. I think the end-results are good, however, and I'm definitely not happy with having two different types of graphics in use in the same manual, let alone in the same (small) department. I want to be able to edit graphics files, not just deal with them as images. I want the new contractor to be happy using CorelDRAW... is this such an impossible ambition?

I say:

You make a clear case for your department's needs. CorelDRAW is excellent, and tricky and there are thousands of people who know how to use it, myself included. (BTW Anything is tricky until you take the time to learn it.)

I too am a contractor and someday hope to have the nerve of others I hear about who stroll in to client sites and demand that the client change their doc and illustration plan because they find a particular tool difficult to use.

Find a contractor who can meet your department's needs.

Rick Vantour
rvantour -at- mondenet -dot- com

Sent through the Mondenet Technical Services Inc.
Web-based Email Reader Ebarua
http://ebarua.mondenet.com/