Re: FWD: Contracting for IT training course development

Subject: Re: FWD: Contracting for IT training course development
From: Annamaria Profit <inteltek -at- erols -dot- com>
To: anonfwd -at- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2000 12:12:54 -0400

Dear ANON,

Sometimes clients balk at an hourly rate for long projects. If that
happens, limit the contract to a set number of hours/revisions.
Otherwise the project could go on for months and months without any
additional compensation, and you'll end up working for minimum wage! My
best advice is set the terms of the contract to cover N hrs + 2
revisions and after that a set hourly rate! And be sure to keep track
so you can back up any additional hours with documentation. I use a
project mgmt software that issues reports by project/time spent, etc.
(Project Clock Pro). Some project mgmt software does not have a
reporting function. You will need reports for any challenges.

--

Annamaria Profit
E-mail: inteltek -at- erols -dot- com

Celebrate failure! It's a critical element of learning.

Today's DUH Award

"..almost all of our imports are coming from overseas..."
George W. Bush