Re: Have you seen the news about Corel and MS (was: Re: Does anyone still use WordPerfect?)

Subject: Re: Have you seen the news about Corel and MS (was: Re: Does anyone still use WordPerfect?)
From: Annamaria Profit <inteltek -at- erols -dot- com>
To: Dick Margulis <margulis -at- mail -dot- fiam -dot- net>
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2000 11:54:56 -0400

Dick et al,

Here's the link!

Microsoft invests in Rival Corel

Microsoft releases appeal proposal SEATTLE (AP) - Microsoft Corp.
asked an appeals court Monday for permission to file four times the
amount of paperwork on its antitrust appeal, listing 19 separate
issues it hopes to address. In its scheduling proposal, Microsoft
asked the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit
to allow briefs of up to 56,000 words from both the software giant
and the U.S. Justice Department, with responses of up to 28,000 words
each. Microsoft also wants 60 days for each side to file their first
briefs, and another 30 days for Microsoft to respond to the
government's charges. See
http://www.infobeat.com/stories/cgi/story.cgi?id=2570326610-a89 ***
Also: Microsoft releases appeal proposal, see

--

Annamaria Profit
E-mail: inteltek -at- erols -dot- com

Celebrate failure! It's a critical element of learning.

Today's DUH Award

"..almost all of our imports are coming from overseas..."
George W. Bush