Re: Conditional Text (was The Advantage of Text Insets (was: To single source or not?))

Subject: Re: Conditional Text (was The Advantage of Text Insets (was: To single source or not?))
From: Dan Emory <danemory -at- primenet -dot- com>
To: joemiller -at- canberra -dot- com, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2000 09:13:44 -0700

At 09:11 AM 10/3/00 -0400, joemiller -at- canberra -dot- com wrote:

Dan Emory wrote:
> Since you're using conditional text, I assume that your DTP is
FrameMaker.

Not just FrameMaker, Dan. Ventura Publisher goes several steps
further, supporting conditional _elements_: text, paragraphs, styles,
tables, frames, chapters and publications (books in Frame terms).
====================================
I know, Ventura has better conditional text than Frame.
But the main subject of my reply was text insets,
and, to my knowledge, Ventura can't match Frame there.
| Nullius in Verba |
Dan Emory, Dan Emory & Associates
Voice/Fax: 949-722-8971 E-Mail: danemory -at- primenet -dot- com
10044 Adams Ave. #208, Huntington Beach, CA 92646
majordomo -at- omsys -dot- com with "subscribe framers" (no quotes) in the body.