Have you seen the news about Corel and MS (was: Re: Does anyone still use WordPerfect?)

Subject: Have you seen the news about Corel and MS (was: Re: Does anyone still use WordPerfect?)
From: "Dick Margulis" <margulis -at- mail -dot- fiam -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2000 11:31:55 -0400

According to a news report I read yesterday (can't put my hands on a link right at the moment), Microsoft and Corel are entering into a strategic partnership.

I suspect this does not bode well for fans of WordPerfect, Corel Draw, or Ventura Publisher, even though the news release says Microsoft will keep its hands out of Corel's internal product development operation. (Wanna buy a bridge?)

Dick