RE: Word, too [was]Does Frame Suck? From a new user

Subject: RE: Word, too [was]Does Frame Suck? From a new user
From: "Molly Bowling" <mbowling -at- statsoft -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 11:14:08 -0500

I think what really matters in Frame is to have a *very* good template. With a good template, the software is practically transparent. It's just you typing and assigning styles to things. The problem is, when you're just starting out, it's really hard to know how to make a great template. :)

I'm about to dive into Frame for the very first time when my program arrives next week, and know little about styles and templates. Does anyone have suggestions for any good resources (web, print, etc.) on how to create good templates?

I'm going to be porting some rather horrific documents from Word, and I have very specific heading types. I'm just not sure where to begin, other than the Adobe overviews.

Molly Bowling
StatSoft, Inc.