Re: Saving Links When Converting Word Doc to PDF

Subject: Re: Saving Links When Converting Word Doc to PDF
From: "David M. Brown" <dmbrown -at- brown-inc -dot- com>
To: Techwr-L post <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 18:31:41 -0700

C B wrote:

> I'd like to convert an MS Word document to Adobe's PDF format AND preserve
> Word's links. Because my document is not exactly small (300+ pages), I'd
> also like to automatically generate some of those links. Does anyone have
> any experience (or know of anyone that has had success with) a tool that can
> do this? I tried multi-linker in the past, and unfortunately, was not
> pleased with the results.

If you use PDFMaker to create PDFs from .doc files, then you have scads of options about what to convert, including Word's hypertext links within the document.

It takes a lot longer to make the PDF file, but the links work great in the finished PDF.

--David

David M. Brown - Brown Inc.
dmbrown -at- brown-inc -dot- com

A V A I L A B L E N O W ! http://www.html-indexer.com/

HTML Indexer 3, still the easiest way to create and maintain real
back-of-the-book indexes for web sites and other HTML documents.

Now including options for HTML Help and JavaHelp indexes, too!