Re: RE. Productivity metrics?

Subject: Re: RE. Productivity metrics?
From: "David M. Brown" <dmbrown -at- brown-inc -dot- com>
To: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2000 15:46:26 -0700

John Posada wrote:

> How do you address spending a few days on such non-writing functions
> as applying Map ID#s to 600 help topics, capturing and cropping 300
> screen shots for a new application or defining 1500 hotspots?
>
> > how many hours. Each writer is expected to do actual writing
> > 70 percent of the time. Hours are tracked by a web-based sheet that
> > shows movement of the document from writer to reviewers to
> > approvers
> > to release.

Good questions. I imagine the incredible stupidity and soul-grinding oppressiveness of this system is why he declined to comment on it beyond enumerating its characteristics.

--David

David M. Brown - Brown Inc.
dmbrown -at- brown-inc -dot- com

A V A I L A B L E N O W ! http://www.html-indexer.com/

HTML Indexer 3, still the easiest way to create and maintain real
back-of-the-book indexes for web sites and other HTML documents.

Now including options for HTML Help and JavaHelp indexes, too!