RE: naming conventions for images

Subject: RE: naming conventions for images
From: Jeff Hanvey <jewahe -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: Scott Browne <sbrowne -at- directlink -dot- net>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 14:18:48 -0700 (PDT)

--- Scott Browne <sbrowne -at- directlink -dot- net> wrote:

> Ummm...Unix handles long filenames just fine. Even
> spaces. That was always
> one of the big advantages of Unix and Linux in the
> old days before Win95
> came along...they could handle long filenames
> whereas Win3.1 and DOS could
> not.

Okay...so I'm showing a bit of ignorance. I've never
used and flavor of Unix, so I spoke from what I've
been told.

At a previous job, I helped "write" content for a new
website. The teamleader very pointedly told us to
watch the length of our filenames because they were
using Unix and it couldn't handle more than 8.3.
Obviously, he didn't know what he was talking about
(and I wonder why I was so eager to leave that company
after only 2 mos).

=====
Jeff Hanvey
Memphis, TN