Technical Writer's Day

Subject: Technical Writer's Day
From: "Guru Kamath" <guru -at- bom5 -dot- vsnl -dot- net -dot- in>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2000 13:10:50 +0530

The Techwhirl list is such a fantastic list and the site too is really,
really helpful. My congratulations and thanks to both Eric and Deborah for
being so innovative and proactive. Similarly, techwhirlers are really
helpful and wonderful. Thank you.

As a humble technical writer from India, I have regarded this list as a
seminar or a university. After several years on this list (with some periods
of absence of course), I have been happy to contribute to this list my
little bit of knowledge and experience.

I was wondering why not have a Technical Writer's Day. This will bring our
profession into the limelight. We can then celebrate this event all over the
world by having seminars, meetings, training programs, and of course
parties.

How about celebrating it on Benjamin Franklin's birthday? I think Ben
(excuse the familiarity) was a great technical writer. I am a Poor Richard
fan!

Greetings from India!

Guru
guru -at- bom5 -dot- vsnl -dot- net -dot- in