"A TW in Montreal"

Subject: "A TW in Montreal"
From: "Bob Goulder" <tipi -at- islandnet -dot- com>
To: "Techwrls" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>, <framers -at- FrameUsers -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2000 17:19:53 -0700

Thanks to all of you that sent me your views and experiences of Montreal.
Some replies were so detailed they made great reading and should be
submitted to the Montreal tourist office. As you can see, I reside here in
Victoria BC which is a super place to live etc.; small pickings for TW's
though. I do not think at this point that I would relocate, there is a
flexible working arrangement with the company in Montreal so, I may try to
do a 2-3 week on-site turnaround as I did when working up in Alaska.
Needless to say, I know what cold weather is all about having worked in
Alaska for over a year. Over minus 42, forgetting to plug in the car heater
at night and on occasion, arriving back at your apartment to find a Moose
waiting at your front door. Nice place. Nice people. They don't consider
themselves part of the place below the 49th parallel. For those that asked,
I have not accepted the position yet as nothing is going to happen until
August when my current work load will be complete and we have returned from
our trip home to the UK to see family, friends, drink English beer and eat
fish and chips - burp! sorry about that. If I do not go to Montreal to
work, I will certainly make the effort to see it for the beauty and culture
that you all portrayed. Now Paris, there's a place

Thanks again

Bob Goulder

Techniflex Industrial Publications Inc
236, Richmond Ave,