FW: Copyright and the web

Subject: FW: Copyright and the web
From: "Hightower, Mary" <mary -dot- hightower -at- corp -dot- bellsouth -dot- net>
To: "'TECHWR-L'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 10:59:31 -0400

Mike, I refer you to Jakob Nielsen's book, "Designing Web Usability".

He states, "In my opinion, it is a copyright violation to display the
contents of another website within your own frames....Because I am not a
lawyer and because Internet law is in flux, you are advised to contact an
intellectual property attorney for specific advice..."

His reason for why it violates copyright law is that because the URL
displayed is not the URL of the content it is misleading the user to think
that the content belongs to that site, when in fact it does not.

MEH
Atlanta, GA