RE: System Requirements

Subject: RE: System Requirements
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: jarnopol <jarnopol -at- interaccess -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 9 May 2000 07:02:39 -0700 (PDT)

> Hey, Bonita, go the whole nine yards. Get 128 MB, no 256MB
> RAM, the fastest
> processor available and at least a 13.2 G hard drive. And
> don't forget the
> monitor. 17" at least!
>
> Seriously, the problem with having a super machine, is that it
> is often NOT
> what our users have. it's great for development, but if
> you're responsible
> for testing as well as writing, the monster machine could be a
> problem.

Also:

high density removable drive (jazz, zip, optical diskette, etc.)

BTW...max ram is not a luxury. You may be called upon to
document an application in it's development stage that is not
memory efficient. I'm working on one now that uses enough memory
that RobHTML and the application cannot exist together in 92mb
ram. I have no question that it will be optimized, but sometimes
in the beginning, it isn't.

We should have those problems.

=====
John Posada
jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com
john -at- tdandw -dot- com
732-291-7811
Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
Benjamin Franklin

http://im.yahoo.com/