Re: PaintShop Pro vs. PhotoShop?

Subject: Re: PaintShop Pro vs. PhotoShop?
From: melonie -dot- mcmichael -at- amd -dot- com
To: TECHWR-L -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2000 08:04:17 -0500

Howdy, Yall:

Rather than the Ferrari to the Saturn comparison I think
it is more like a Neon compared to a 1/2 ton pick-up truck.
Neon's are great if you only need to get from here to there,
but if you are trying to pull a 30-ft sailboat it isn't going to
hack it.

Like a lot of people have said, PSP is fine for screen shots,
on-line gifs, basic graphics, etc. PS is way too much power.

However, if you are attempting to do any kind of color
separation work, PhotoShop is the only way to go. If you
need complicated layers and fancy effects, PhotoShop is
soooo much better than PSP. I have had nightmare's over
trying to get PSP to handle a two-color separation.

I'm starting to believe there are certain statements we should
make into mantras (like "know your audience"). One of them
is: "Get the right tool for the job".

smiles, Melonie

Melonie (Lonie) McMichael
Tech Doc Coordinator
AMD-CPD
mailto:melonie -dot- mcmichael -at- amd -dot- com