Re: PaintShop Pro vs. Photoshop?

Subject: Re: PaintShop Pro vs. Photoshop?
From: "Stan Xhiao" <mrlukeplease -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: Arlen -dot- P -dot- Walker -at- jci -dot- com, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2000 08:01:53 CDT

Arlen wrote:

<snip>
A lot of scanners come with PS or PS/LE. I don't know of *anyone* who paid full price for PS.
</snip>

Scanners that come packaged with full PS? My $50 scanner came with a Photo Deluxe CD, the barest of bare-bones PS products. If you use the Advanced tab and the drop-down menus, you'll find most of the functions incorporated in PS LE...Adobe just made them a bit harder to find.

I have the full PS version on my Mac and use it for 4/C print work, but for quick screen shot editing and other easy stuff I use the Photo Deluxe app on my PC.

Know what's just as good as full PS... and free? GIMP! There's even a version ported for NT, although it seems bugger than the native UNIX version.