PowerPoint problem

Subject: PowerPoint problem
From: Leanne Sanderson <leanne -at- ems -dot- abb -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 16:08:34 -0400

One of my work associates is creating a PowerPoint presentation and running
into a problem.

He's placed a link button in the bottom right hand corner of the master
slide which will take the viewer back to the previous slide. He doesn't
want this button to be viewable until the third slide. As a result, he's
placed a white box over the button to cover it up. When you print the
slide however, a thin line outlines the box. He has it set up for white
fill and no line, and we even tried a white text box with a white line, and
we still get a line.

By removing the button from the Master slide and putting it on each page,
we can avoid the problem of the "empty box" showing up on a printed slide,
but that will require cutting and pasting the button on each page of the
presentation, which may end up being quite long. Is there a way to keep
the button on the Master slide, without having the "empty box" show up in
the first two pages of the presentation?

I know you all will either figure it out, or tell me it's a bug.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Thanks,

Leanne Sanderson
Technical Writer - ABB Automation Inc.