Re: PowerPoint problem

Subject: Re: PowerPoint problem
From: Beth Friedman <bjf -at- wavefront -dot- com>
To: Leanne Sanderson <leanne -at- ems -dot- abb -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 23:19:33 -0500

In our previous episode, Leanne Sanderson wrote:

One of my work associates is creating a PowerPoint presentation and running
into a problem.

He's placed a link button in the bottom right hand corner of the master
slide which will take the viewer back to the previous slide. He doesn't
want this button to be viewable until the third slide. As a result, he's
placed a white box over the button to cover it up. When you print the
slide however, a thin line outlines the box. He has it set up for white
fill and no line, and we even tried a white text box with a white line, and
we still get a line.

When you print, try fiddling with the print settings. Uncheck the "Black and white" box that is checked by default; I think that'll do it. If not, try checking the "Pure black and white" box. One of those should do the job.

--
Beth Friedman / bjf -at- wavefront -dot- com
"The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary." -- James D. Nicoll