Tools: RoboHelp problems?

Subject: Tools: RoboHelp problems?
From: "Hart, Geoff" <Geoff-H -at- MTL -dot- FERIC -dot- CA>
To: "Techwr-L (E-mail)" <TECHWR-L -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 11:13:06 -0400

I'm currently using RoboHelp 5.X (the WinHelp Office package) to produce
WinHelp 4.X. My configuration includes Word97 (SR-2) and Windows 98, and
I've got tons of RAM, so that's not a problem. Nonetheless, I've begun
encountering some strange behavior. Word97 now occasionally hangs when I
shut it down with a help project open, the RoboHelp Explorer occasionally
"performs an illegal operation and will be shut down" when I try to "make" a
help project from within Word with Explorer open in the background, and I
just discovered that an existing, non-Help file got corrupted when Word
crashed while I was trying to open it. Let's hear it for RoboHelp!

Before I call tech. support and reveal my woes, I'm wondering if anyone else
has encountered this problem and can provide me with armament for my <ahem>
discussion with Blue Sky. Suggestions to migrate to ForeHelp will be heard
with a sympathetic ear, but that may not be an option. <g>

geoff-h -at- mtl -dot- feric -dot- ca