Thanks, Re: What does a superscripted "SM" Mean?

Subject: Thanks, Re: What does a superscripted "SM" Mean?
From: Dianne Blake <write-it -at- home -dot- com>
To: Techwriter <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 13:39:56 -0700

Since most people replied directly to me I thought I would pass on the
answer:

Service Mark

Many people said they weren't sure what it meant, but I think I'll give
it a shot because of the usage in the sentence I'm working with.

"Through its advanced, data-hosting CyberCenters SM and relationship
with KPMG, Qwest is able to provide application hosting services."

I think the symbol is being used to describe a service rather than a
product. I don't know the legal implications though. What do you
think?

- Dianne Blake
write-it -at- home -dot- com