RE: best job market was:RE: SUMMARY: Looking for Contract Work

Subject: RE: best job market was:RE: SUMMARY: Looking for Contract Work
From: "Justin Cascio" <justin-paul -dot- geo -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 18:34:53 -0400

Connie Giordano wrote:

<<I would think
traditionally low-paying areas (deep South for one) are probably desperate
for good employees, but whether they're ready to start paying on par with
other markets is still a question.>>

I'm in the Tampa Bay market, and I'm here to tell you, I almost fall out of
my chair every time I see what Silicon Valley and NYC are paying writers.
But I only pay $550/month for a 2-bedroom apartment and I've never had to
dig my car out of a snowbank, so it's a tradeoff. Still, I hoot when I run
across some schmuck who really thinks a qualified TW anywhere will work for
$15/hr.

Justin Cascio
Pro-Logic & Adjustable Choke
Outsource Documentation and Online Help
Phone: (727) 217-9496
Fax: (801) 217-1117
justin -at- plandac -dot- com <mailto:justin -at- plandac -dot- com>
http://www.plandac.com