RE: best job market was:RE: SUMMARY: Looking for Contract Work

Subject: RE: best job market was:RE: SUMMARY: Looking for Contract Work
From: "Giordano, Connie" <Connie -dot- Giordano -at- FMR -dot- COM>
To: "'Gil'" <gyaker -at- fragment -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 17:43:59 -0400

My guesses based on experience of last 6 months - Austin, TX, Atlanta, GA,
Research Triangle NC, and Charlotte, NC are great hot spots for hi tech
jobs, particularly if they relate to finance in some way. Apparently from
what I've seen from other posters, Silicon Valley is still strong. But I'm
an East Coaster and few companies were looking to relocate a mere TW.
S'okay, I love my new job.

Other industries probably have different hot spots--I betcha real estate is
HUGE in Arizona and the Northwest part of the US. I would think
traditionally low-paying areas (deep South for one) are probably desperate
for good employees, but whether they're ready to start paying on par with
other markets is still a question.

MTC

Connie Giordano