Re: FW: Telcordia vs Bellcore

Subject: Re: FW: Telcordia vs Bellcore
From: Wrdfinesse -at- aol -dot- com
To: r_bailie -at- trillium -dot- com, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 20:57:26 EST

In a message dated 3/28/00 1:54:56 PM Mountain Standard Time,
r_bailie -at- trillium -dot- com writes:

> When referring to a standard that has been a Bellcore standard, how have
> > you been referring to it since Bellcore became Telcordia: Bellcore,
> > Bellcore (now Telcordia), Telcordia, Telcordia (formerly Bellcore), or
> > other?

Hi, Rahel.

I currently work with a whole passle of Telcordia folk.
According to their legal department, it is no longer permissable
to use the "formerly Bellcore" version of the corporate
logo; this became a no-no long about October 1999 or
thereabouts.

I would recommend referring to Telcordia. If need be, add
an entry to your glossary that explains the company's provenance.

To be honest, however, in today's world of mergers
and acquisitions, I don't think folks care.

HTH,

Anne Halsey
wrdfinesse -at- aol -dot- com