Re: F1 for help

Subject: Re: F1 for help
From: Chris Kowalchuk <chris -at- bdk -dot- net>
To: Becca Price <becca_price -at- yahoo -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 08:58:51 -0500

If you want a PERMANENT SOLUTION to Mr. Paperclip and his ilk [ominous
chord]...

You can revise your setup by doing a custom install in the first place,
or a "change install options" in the second. Somewhere under a group
called "Common" or Shared, or something to the effect of "general MS
Office options", you can uncheck the Office Assistant so that it is not
installed. I find it the only sure way to get rid of the little freak in
all circumstances. As far as I can tell you don't lose any help
information (but alas, you will have to pro-actively move the cursor to
the Help menu yourself, or hit F1 should you require Help information).

Why anybody with even a smattering of familiarity with the program would
want that creature popping up every thirty seconds is beyond me.

Would you like to save a file?

Try the Save File button!

Want to delete this post?

Try the Delete key