RE: F1 for help

Subject: RE: F1 for help
From: "Locke, David" <dlocke -at- bindview -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 10:09:47 -0600

Mark Magennis, wrote:

> I believe "Clippy", that annoying little *!! -at- ! that pops up with
> irrelevant and unwanted suggestions, is restricted to Microsoft
> Office and if you are developing your own application you cannot use
> it.

The paperclip is a Microsoft Agent. The DLLs are available from their
website, or from a book published by Microsoft Press. Agents from the MS
point of view provide a social interface. As an interface, it has a lot of
capabilities, but it was unclear how to go from content to Agent-based
delivery. You have to know the underlying programming language to make
anything happen.

David W. Locke