RE: Hourly Rate & Per Diem??

Subject: RE: Hourly Rate & Per Diem??
From: Ned Allison <ned_a -at- ns -dot- net>
To: "Kachurka, Brad M." <BMKachurka -at- West -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 03:12:05 -0800

Brad:

Some agencies will! Good ones IMHO who are interested in creating a long term relationship, even is it means extending that beyond one contract. A good agency will work at establishing that relationship so that they will have good networking contacts and good people for future assignments.

Actually asking what the final bill rate is can be a great way of knowing whether you should be establishing a long tern relationships or taking what you want and then moving on! I also usually ask about profit sharing for information forwarded about more assignments, that too is telling as to whether they really see only an accountants "bottom line" or a true managers bottom line which is to have a good crew of employees and a great network and great reputation!

Test and see.

Ned

At 02:22 PM 3/16/00 -0600, you wrote:

I know that this we are supposed to keep it clean on the messages but
agencies are glorified labor pimps. Agencies whether dealing with employers
or employees are only concerned with the bottom line (just like a pimp). By
the nature of the business they can't get "attached" to an employee because
the nature of the jobs or temporary. Some might argue that If you think
that they are not concerned about the bottom line, ask them to show you the
bill rate they charge the company.

Brad Kachurka
Technical Writer