RE: Hourly Rate & Per Diem??

Subject: RE: Hourly Rate & Per Diem??
From: "Humbird, LenX" <lenx -dot- humbird -at- intel -dot- com>
To: "'TECHWR-L'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 13:00:10 -0800

I've heard the same thing from agencies I've talked to about per diem.
Frankly, I've had no experience with agencies that pay per diem *without*
digging into the hourly rate. But if you contract directly for a client,
they pay your expenses separately from your labor rate - without blinking an
eye. It's all in your billing.

If only the agencies would pass on the per diem expenses to the client, they
would be less resistive to pass on the per diem payments without messing
with your paycheck. And perhaps the way to get your per diem is to go on a
1099 basis instead of W2. I'll ask about that when I meet with my
accountant. He's helping me on the details with switching to 1099 with my
current agency.

Len