Re: Missing letters in PDF files

Subject: Re: Missing letters in PDF files
From: "Schmidt, Gunther" <Gunther -dot- Schmidt -at- maxcess -dot- de>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 09:47:01 +0100

Sean Brierley wrote:

>Try using the Tektronix 340 printer to create the PS file that you distil.
>You should find that the fonts now display correctly.

Sean,

thank you for your reply. Unfortunately it is not possible at the moment to
install the Tektronix printer driver; I will try this later.
It is very strange that this problem isn't reproducible and appears only in
a few documents. Other FrameMaker files contain identical portions of text,
but they leave the Distiller with *all* letters. Sometimes I wonder what's
going on behind the scenes...

Regards,

Gunther Schmidt