Missing letters in PDF files

Subject: Missing letters in PDF files
From: "Schmidt, Gunther" <Gunther -dot- Schmidt -at- maxcess -dot- de>
To: "Techwr-L (E-Mail)" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 15:41:37 +0100

Hi all,

I'm using FrameMaker 5.5.6 under Windows NT 4.0 SP 5. To create PDF files, I
print the book to a Postscript file via the Adobe PS printer driver 5.0.1
(107) and distill the file with Acrobat Distiller 4.0 (0408). The printer
driver works with the DEFPRTR2.PPD 3.7, and I'm only using Base14 fonts.
But now and then I recognize that some letters are missing. Is this a known
problem? How can I fix it?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Gunther Schmidt