RE: WORD bullet question

Subject: RE: WORD bullet question
From: "Geoff Lane" <geoff -at- gjctech -dot- co -dot- uk>
To: "'Benzi Schreiber'" <benzi -at- tradeum -dot- com>, "'TECHWR-L'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2000 16:33:31 -0000

Benzi Schreiber wrote:

> Does anyone know how I can get a paragraph tag to start with
> "Q:" ? I've
> managed to get the "Q", by defining it as the bullet
> character. How do I
> include the colon?
---

In Word 97, you can do this as follows:

1. From the Format menu, choose Bullets and Numbering.
2. Select the Numbered tab, select an unused numbered format, then click
customize.
3. For the Numbered Style, choose (none); into Number Format, type Q:
4. Click OK.

With that said, Word bullets and numbering have a nasty habit of messing up.
For example, the custom style may only work on your computers. If you want
to share, then creating a hanging indent and typing "Q:" may give more
reliability.

HTH,

Geoff Lane
Cornwall, UK