Re: Cover design requested

Subject: Re: Cover design requested
From: "B. Pfister" <bpfister -at- frii -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>, "Brierley, Sean" <Sean -at- Quodata -dot- Com>
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2000 08:08:37 -0800

Sean,

One set of my docs are delivered in a "create-a-cover" binder. I designed
the covers & spines. My covers have some rotated text. I ended up doing mine
reading top to bottom so what's on the cover matches what's on the spine. I
can't give you a scientific proof of why one is better, but it feels right.

To pull something out of my "baffle 'em with bull -at- #$%" file, I'd say it
might be slightly harder on the brain to try to read part of the cover copy
from top to bottom while trying to read another part of it from bottom to
top. Your eyes could do that in one sweep if the words all ran in one
direction.

Betsy