RE: Cover design requested

Subject: RE: Cover design requested
From: "Halter, Meg" <HalterMC -at- navair -dot- navy -dot- mil>
To: "'Brierley, Sean'" <Sean -at- Quodata -dot- Com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 14:40:01 -0800

I don't claim to be an expert, but I much prefer cover 1, which has the
bottom of the rotated text toward the right. When I see landscape text or
figures in a book or looseleaf, I expect the bottom to be to the right,
regardless of whether the landscape material is on the left or right page.
While that doesn't apply directly to your cover page, I still find it
jarring that the same orientation doesn't show up here. And that's true
whether the text in question is on the left or right side of the page.
Acually, I think it would be best to not rotate the text in the first place.

But hey, this is just based on gut feelings. I haven't done any analysis or
planning or any other extensive analysis on the subject. <g> Furthermore,
I'm a newbie to the field.

-- Meg

Sean asks ---