Re: Resizing graphics

Subject: Re: Resizing graphics
From: "Nina Panzica" <panin -at- mindspring -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2000 07:51:59 -0500

Hello,

I've got a few suggestions. First, in PaintShop Pro reduce the colors in the
screen capture to 16. Then resize. (By the way, if there aren't any other
reasons not to, save your graphics in GIF format. They're small, look fine
in Word, and make things easier should you some day have to convert the
document to html help.) If that doesn't do the trick, try converting the
image to grayscale. If your graphics program has "anti-aliasing," (I don't
know if your version of PSP does; I purposefully use an older version), turn
it off. Anti-aliasing causes this color-blending effect that results in
blurriness, particularly with type in an image. Finally, let Word do the
resizing by Inserting the image into a frame that is the size that you want
the screen capture to be (use the Insert menu for this).

Probably the color reduction will do the trick for you, but try these other
suggestions if you don't get exactly the effect you want.

Regards,
Nina Panzica