Re: Old thread, hopefully new spin on "allow" v. "enable."

Subject: Re: Old thread, hopefully new spin on "allow" v. "enable."
From: Nora Merhar <nmerhar -at- charlesindustries -dot- com>
To: "Carnall, Jane" <Jane -dot- Carnall -at- compaq -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2000 08:36:39 -0600

I'll admit to not following this thread too closely, so what I'm about to say
may already have been said, but I haven't seen it yet.

I dislike allow, enable, etc., and always try to cast the sentence as "Use this
program to...". It's short, it's clear, and it avoids passive voice.

Nora
Senior Technical Writer, Charles Industries, Ltd.
nmerhar -at- charlesindustries -dot- com