Re: SHED'd graphics question

Subject: Re: SHED'd graphics question
From: "David M. Brown" <dmbrown -at- brown-inc -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2000 20:13:36 -0800

gyaker -at- csc -dot- com wrote:

> Since only the dataset that has changed, theoretically I can futz with the
> screens to make them appear as if different data was there. Here's my problem:
> It seems that once a bitmap has been SHED'd, it is nolonger a true bitmap and
> can not be edited. Is this true?
>
> Is there any application that will let me edit the image content (colors of
> discrete pixels) while leaving the dimensions and number of hotspots intact?

Not exactly, but just as good.

For each graphic you need to change:

1. Open the .bmp source file and make the changes.

2. Copy the entire image to the Windows clipboard (Ctrl+C).

3. Open the corresponding .shg file.

4. Paste the contents of the clipboard "over" the existing image.
(The hotspot definitions are unchanged.)

Later versions of SHED offer a more graceful way of doing this (using a new menu item), but this method worked 6 years ago and should still work today.

Good luck!

--David

David M. Brown - Brown Inc.
dmbrown -at- brown-inc -dot- com

A V A I L A B L E N O W ! http://www.html-indexer.com/

HTML Indexer 3, still the easiest way to create and maintain real
back-of-the-book indexes for web sites and other HTML documents.

Now including options for HTML Help and JavaHelp indexes, too!