Word styles in HTML

Subject: Word styles in HTML
From: "DANIEL D HALL" <misterhall -at- prodigy -dot- net>
To: <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 07:11:23 -0800

Paul:

I'm currently using Word 2000, so I'm not sure this applies, but ...

When saving the file as HTML, in the upper right of the "Save As" dialog,
there should be a drop-down menu labeled "Tools." One of the choices is "Web
Options," which allows you to specify some of the HTML settings. It is
possible to get a "cleaner" conversion with the "Rely on CSS for formatting"
deselected, and "Disable features not supported by" set to MS Explorer 4.0.

Word creates an embedded style sheet, which you could also edit with a plain
text editor (wordpad, etc.) This would add an extra step in your conversion
process, but also provides the most control over appearance. At least you'll
only have to edit the CSS, and not every line, as in the "old" days! :)

HTH

Dan H
misterhall -at- prodigy -dot- net