Re: Time keeping

Subject: Re: Time keeping
From: "Jane" <judydh -at- total -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 09:19:40 -0500

I try to keep Schedule or another day-timer application open and block off
time I spend on different things for the first few weeks of a job, and
sometimes when I get into a rut/can't keep focussed. I gave up very early on
with the last job, as I had the Worst Computer in the World and I couldn't
afford the memory on a task that was just...personal, in their humble
opinion. "Good habit, but don't worry about it." At the same place, however,
they had electronic punch cards. You were also deemed productive only if you
did regular overtime.

Keeping track of your own time voluntarity to prove your productivity can be
of helpful, if not with your managers, then possibly in a wrongful/creative
dismissal suit. (A creative dismissal suit is when they make working there
difficult enough for you that you leave. If someone knows more about this,
please post to the list!)

Jane