Re: diagram callouts

Subject: Re: diagram callouts
From: Kathy10th -at- aol -dot- com
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2000 05:08:18 EST

Christi writes:

<< I have a diagram that shows how to connect our instrument to a panel at
the customer's site. There are six connections in various places; they
happen to fall in two columns of three connections. I'm trying to determine
the best way to order the reference letters.>>

I don't know how much room you have, but you could simply label the
connections on the diagram (1. small widget connection, 2. widget connection,
3. big widget connection, etc.). Then, create a text box next to the
diagram, detailing the connection steps in the proper order. The numbers in
the diagram should coorespond to the numbers in the steps.

Your users would (hopefully) follow the steps while referring to the diagram
to locate the connections.

Kathy Kurth
Graebel Companies, Inc.
kathy10 -at- aol -dot- com