Word Page Break Jumps

Subject: Word Page Break Jumps
From: Katie Crowley Rosenberg <krosenbe -at- easysystemsinc -dot- com>
To: "'Techwriter List'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 09:05:16 -0600

I'm looking for solutions to a problem we have when printing manuals inhouse.

Manuals created and saved in a protected MSWord97 format regularly change page breaks when printing over the network. I never noticed this problem when I printed from my own desktop, but I have proven that it does occur. The result is a messy document, lost screen captures, orphaned headings, etc.

Has anyone resolved this problem? Does it occur with PDF files? I understand there is a Word Reader product out there - does the loss of format occur with read-only rights? Is a hard page break at the end of each page the solution?

My hope is to find a stable solution so the production department can print the manuals reliably without my assistance.

I am on digest, so direct responses to my e-mail address are appreciated.