RE: diagram callouts

Subject: RE: diagram callouts
From: "Harry Bacheler" <hbacheler -at- geo -dot- census -dot- gov>
To: <kimber_miller -at- acs-inc -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 09:05:17 -0500

To all

My original take was that the question was about (a) the placement of the
callouts on a diagram/illustration, and NOT (B) the sequence of the work to
be done.

If this is true, then the ordering of the set (A - F) should be as in
example 1.

The ordering of the callout letters on the diagram has 'nothing' to do with
the sequence of the 'work to be done'.

The following is assumed, that:

A) These are electrical connections.
B) One end of the cable can be inserted in a receptacle - without the
other end being connected to anything.
C) The connection sequence requirement is: A-D, B-E, C-F.
D) It is 'impossible' to insert both cable ends into their respective
receptacle at the 'same time'/'instant'.
E) There are only three connections to be made.
F) The cables are 'male' on both ends and are being plugged into
'female' receptacles.

The 'work to be done' procedure would be the following:

Procedure

1) Get the three cables to be used.
2) Plug one cable into each of receptacles A, B, C, leaving the opposite
end loose.
3) Identify the sequence of connection.
(Example: First, A-D; second, C-F, third, B-E)
4) Plug the loose end of cable A into receptacle D.
5) Plug the loose end of cable C into receptacle F.
6) Plug the loose end of cable B into receptacle E.
7) Tighten cable ends to all receptacle (could be by screw, coax connector,
etc.)

I think that the above might serve the purpose required (IMHO).

HTH

Harry M. Bacheler, Jr.
Consultant
VGS, Inc.

"The thoughts, ideas, and opinions expressed in my portion of this email
are mine and mine alone. They are not the thoughts, ideas, and/or opinions
of any past, present, or future employers, or any group that I might belong
to.