RE: Adverbs, good or evil?

Subject: RE: Adverbs, good or evil?
From: "Robert Parker" <rparker -at- welkintech -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2000 08:25:11 -0800

I can't agree that adjectives or adverbs reduce, rather than increase,
precision within instructions, or that they render such instructions less
effective.

Compare the following:

a) Leave the building.
b) Leave the burning building immediately.

Which do YOU think would have better results?

Descriptively,
Robert Parker
rparker -at- welkintech -dot- com
Welkin Technical Communications
http://www.welkintech.com/
We make technical communications concise, elegant, and effective.