Re: Are you debating the elimination of printed docs? (An idea.. .)

Subject: Re: Are you debating the elimination of printed docs? (An idea.. .)
From: "Sharon Burton-Hardin" <sharonburton -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: "Martha J Davidson" <editrix -at- slip -dot- net>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2000 11:06:42 -0800

And there is something lovely about holding a printed book in your hand,
feeling the paper cover, smelling the ink, flipping through the pages. Can't
be replicated by anyhting else.

And I can't read an ebook in bed to go to sleep, which is where I do much of
my reading. Took my new husband a while to adjust to it but now he knows my
brain must simply vanish into a book for 20 minutes or so before it can shut
off for the night. And before I started sleeping in my contacts, (oh, please
God, let 2000 by the year I get my eyes fixed!) I also had the most
frustrating problem of being so very near sighted that I can't see a printed
page unless it is against my nose. Difficult to manage that with an ebook.

sharon

Sharon Burton-Hardin
President of the Inland Empire chapter of the STC
www.iestc.org
Anthrobytes Consulting
www.anthrobytes.com
Check out www.WinHelp.net!