Re: speech recognition software for MAC

Subject: Re: speech recognition software for MAC
From: Steve Fouts <stefou -at- eskimo -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 15:17:41 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, 17 Dec 1999, H.Durstling wrote:

> Is there a good speech recognition program (for MAC) that will reliably
> convert spoken word into text, and where can I get it?

Apparently, there was considerable talk in the industry that Apple might
tackle this one on their own and bundle it with the OS, so none of the
players really wanted to take a chance on a smaller market that might get
ripped out from under them.

To my knowledge, only IBM's ViaVoice is available on the Mac platform.
Fortunately, ViaVoice is one of the better Speech to Text programs.

Steve
stefou -at- safeco -dot- com
stefou -at- eskimo -dot- com