Hiring co-op students in the Toronto area

Subject: Hiring co-op students in the Toronto area
From: Gilda_Spitz -at- markham -dot- longview -dot- ca
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 1999 09:01:01 -0500

I'm the manager of a small documentation department in the Toronto area.
I've just hired a co-op student from a writing program from a local college
named Seneca College. The tech writing program has been in existence only
three years, so it's not particularly well known. It's a one year program
that accepts only graduates, not undergrads.

I interviewed seven great people, and was able to hire only one. I hear
that most people in the program are still looking for jobs for the
four-month co-op work term that will start on January 3.

If you're in the greater Toronto area, and you can help some of these
people find a co-op job as a junior technical writer, please contact the
coordinator at david -dot- magil -at- senecac -dot- on -dot- ca -dot-

Gilda Spitz
Manager, Documentation and Translation
Longview Solutions Inc.